Hybrid Adapter PDQ Prize
The 100 MPG X-Prize is great -- but we gas car owners making payments need relief now
-- i.e. Pretty Darn Quick.
This competition will hopefully be an impetus to get industry building something we need now.
The winner is the first team to build a Hybrid Adapter meeting the following criteria:
1. Uses a fuel other than gasoline
2. Can push at least a mid-size vehicle at a speed of 30 MPH for 20 miles
3. Can be recharged in 8 hours using a standard 15 AMP, 110 VAC Plug
4. Can be interchanged between vehicles within 10 minutes
5. Mounts to a standard Hitch
6. Does not have to be ready for mass production
Winner maintains all rights for their entry